1. Man can be defeated, but not destroyed.
- Ernest Hemingway
2. No matter how bad things are, you can always make things worse.
- Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
3. However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names. It is not so bad as you are. It looks poorest when you are richest. The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man's abode; the snow melts before its door as early in the spring. I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.
- Henry David Thoreau, Walden
4. We face up to awful things because we can't go around them, or forget them. The sooner you say 'Yes, it happened, and there's nothing I can do about it,' the sooner you can get on with your own life. You've got children to bring up. So you've got to get over it. What we have to get over, somehow we do. Even the worst things.
- Annie Proulx, The Shipping News
5. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.
- Dr. Seuss
6. Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and twice as beautiful as you’ve ever imagined.
- Dr. Seuss
7. There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein
8. Your past is just a story. And once you realize this, it has no power over you.
- Chuck Palahniuk
9. That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
10. Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.
- Sigmund Freud
Thank you for reading.
If you found this list useful, please share this with your friends and family.
There are 200+ guides to succeeding in business, career and personal life in The Success Manual. Get the pdf ebook for $12 only.