1. If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
- Dorothy Parker
2. While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.
- Groucho Marx
3. Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.
4. Money may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a Jaguar than on a bus.
- Françoise Sagan
5. Don't think money does everything or you are going to end up doing everything for money.
6. You can be young without money, but you can't be old without it.
- Tennessee Williams
7. It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.
- Harry Truman
8. There's nothing in the world so demoralizing as money.
- Sophocles, Antigone
9. Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.
- Ambrose Bierce
10. It is a kind of spiritual snobbery that makes people think they can be happy without money.
- Albert Camus
11. Money often costs too much
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. It's amazing. The moment you show cash, everyone knows your language.
- Aravind Adiga
Favorite Investing Quotes
13. October: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and February.
- Mark Twain
14. If you aren't thinking about owning a stock for ten years, don't even think about owning it for ten minutes.
- Warren Buffett
15. It's a basic fact of life that many things 'everybody knows' turn out to be wrong.
- Jim Rogers
16. The four most expensive word in the English language are 'This time it's different.
- John Templeton
17. The U.S. stock market was now a class system, rooted in speed, of haves and have-nots. The haves paid for nanoseconds; the have-nots had no idea that nanoseconds had value. The haves enjoyed a perfect view of the market; the have-nots never saw the market at all.
- Michael Lewis, Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt
18. We need a moderately-priced stock market… The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But, unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do. For the investor, a too-high purchase price for the stock of an excellent company can undo the effects of a subsequent decade of favorable business developments.
- Warren Buffett
Thank you for reading.
If you found this list useful, please share this with your friends and family.
There are 200+ guides to succeeding in business, career and personal life in The Success Manual. Get the pdf ebook for $12 only.