1. There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.
- John Holmes
2. In the end, maybe it's wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.
- Elizabeth Gilbert
3. Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.
- Kahlil Gibran
4. You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.
- John Bunyan
5. Give a bowl of rice to a man and you will feed him for a day. Teach him how to grow his own rice and you will save his life.
6. I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.
- Abraham Lincoln
7. For it is in giving that we receive.
- Francis of Assisi
8. Silence the miser with generosity.
- Gautama Buddha
9. Rings and jewels are not gifts, but apologies for gifts. The only gift is a portion of thyself. Thou must bleed for me.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. Ah! What pleasure it must be to a woman to suffer for the one she loves!
- Honoré de Balzac
11. Among the rich you will never find a really generous man even by accident. They may give their money away, but they will never give themselves away; they are egotistic, secretive, dry as old bones. To be smart enough to get all that money you must be dull enough to want it.
- G.K. Chesterton
12. Sir, I did not count your glasses of wine, why should you number up my cups of tea?
- Samuel Johnson
13. The best way to convince a skeptic that you are trustworthy and generous is to be trustworthy and generous.
- Steven Pinker
14. Oh! if the good hearts had the fat purses, how much better everything would go!
- Victor Hugo, Les Misérables
15. Generosity is a mark of bravery.
- Luther Standing Bear
Thank you for reading.
If you found this list useful, please share this with your friends and family.
There are 200+ guides to succeeding in business, career and personal life in The Success Manual. Get the pdf ebook for $12 only.