1. The purpose of school is for children to learn, not for them to feel good about themselves all the time.
- Jean M. Twenge, Generation Me: Why Today's Young Americans Are More Confident, Assertive, Entitled--and More Miserable Than Ever Before
2. Only through becoming aware of yourself and your limitations can you be transparent with others.
- Joanie Connell, Flying Without a Helicopter: How to Prepare Young People for Work and Life
3. This is the generation that thinks of itself as global citizens but knows little about the world and acts locally. It is the most diverse generation in collegiate history with the strongest relationships between races but they have limited interest in talking about race or reaching across political or generational divides.
- Arthur Levine
4. In recent years a smaller share of young adults has been employed than at any time since the Bureau of Labor Statistics started tracking such trends in 1948. So it's not surprising that this generation of youthful protesters has a different focus for their grievances: the economy, stupid. But notice the targets they've chosen to demonize. It's all about class, not age. It's 1% versus 99%, not young versus old. Occupy Wall Street, not Occupy Leisure World.
- Pew Research Center, The Next America: Boomers, Millennials, and the Looming Generational Showdown
5. One thing they do not teach you in college is what you will actually be doing in a career of your choosing.
- Joanie Connell
Thank you for reading.
If you found guide useful, please share this with your friends and family.
There are 200+ guides to succeeding in business, career and personal life in The Success Manual. Get the pdf ebook for $12 only.