1. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Dalai Lama
2. Be ready for Unexpected and Unlikely Friendships.
3. Build relationships by creating an Emotional Bank Account, consisting of 'deposits' to offset 'withdrawals.'
- Understand the individual
- Attend to little things
- Keep commitments
- Clarify expectations
- Show personal integrity
- Apologize sincerely when you make a withdrawal
(Source: Lions Club)
4. Maintain a reputation through your actions ('proven) and the company you keep.
5. Be likeable: Become genuinely interested in other people. Smile. Remember their name. Let them talk. When you talk, talk stuff relevant to their interests. Make the other person feel important. In short, be nice.
6. The greatest ice-breaker question: 'Where are you from?' - Anon
7. Bill Clinton's relationship tip: Clinton once said he liked picking out gifts for his friends’ wives and girlfriends.
Thank you for reading.
This guide is from The Success Manual, which contains 200+ guides to succeeding in business, career and personal life. Get the pdf ebook for $12 only.