Goal-setting, regular appraisals and training plans are not enough to motivate your employees.
Time to read up on your Maslow.
Here's a short checklist about how you motivate your employees at every stage (stage 1 is the basic needs stage) of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
1. Physiological needs (Air, food, water): A clean, bright and happy place to work etc.
2. Safety needs (Personal security, health, financial security): Office in a good locality, health-friendly initiatives (e.g. work from home, flexi-timings), ample job security (no rapid fire hiring and firing), chances to grow professionally, training etc.
3. Love and belonging (friendship, family): Well performing teams, group activities, birthday celebrations, outings, subsidized/free food etc. (and option to not be present in any of these activities, as well)
4. Esteem (Recognition, value): Competitions, public recognition of exemplary work, timely promotions, rewards, etc.
5. Self-actualization ('What a man can be, he must be.'): Giving people all the opportunity to success, to try out new stuff, to take on new roles and challenges, etc.
Thank you for reading.
This guide is from The Success Manual, which contains 200+ guides to succeeding in business, career and personal life. Get the pdf ebook for $12 only.