How to find Disruptive Ideas for creating a product/startup:
Begin with your interests: Something you always wanted to do, having read or heard about all your adult life.
1. Look for market segments that have not changed for years.
2. Look for large products that are ageing fast.
3. Look for large products that serve multiple purposes.
4. Look for missing components in daily use that are ignored.
5. Look for big news or market changes around you.
The toothbrush test
Before buying a company, Google does a 'toothbrush test'—Is the product used regularly to improve someone’s life?
Can it make users awesome?
- Kathy Sierra
The idea should come first, the startup should come second.
- Sam Altman, YCombinator
Thank you for reading.
This guide is from The Success Manual, which contains 200+ guides to succeeding in business, career and personal life. Get the pdf ebook for $12 only.